Cardiac arrest is an immediate attack on your body caused by the unexpected loss of heart function, breathing, and consciousness. This disease is quite common in India approximately more than 1 million cases are registered in a year. The disease requires a medical diagnosis. Majorly people with higher age are a patient of this disease.
You might think that heart attack and Cardiac arrest are the same but that is not the case the Cardiac arrest is an “Electrical problem” whereas the Heart attack is a “Circulation Problem”.
There are different ways by which your body gives you signals that you are been attacked by Cardiac arrest. Which are:-
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid breathing
To add on, there are multiple ways to have a medical check of you having this disease. Which are:-
- Blood tests to check which chemicals might have affected your heart’s ability to function properly.
- X-ray, echocardiogram, nuclear scan.
There are particular systems affected by Cardiac arrest which are:
1) Cardiovascular system: During the Cardiac arrest, the heart stops beating hence no blood is pumped for the rest of the body. The heart cannot pump blood to the brain, lungs and other organs which affects the Cardiovascular system.
2) Nervous system: As the flow of oxygen through the blood stops immediately, due to which no oxygen in the brain which hence causes the flow of messages and commands to stop which affects the nervous system.
Cardiac arrest can be encountered by different treatments such as
CPR – cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is critical to treating sudden cardiac arrest.
Emergency room – Getting treated by the doctors and get your heart back to its work.
There are also several long term treatments such as Drugs, Corrective Heart Surgery and many more
As we know, technology and different advancements have helped so much in your life and have made our life easier and better. So in this case of Cardiac arrest, the technological advancement has helped a lot as this disease requires an immediate action, which can’t be given at everyplace for example if your at the airport and the hospital is a really far that would get you in trouble, but with the use of Automated External Defibrillators this disease can be cured easily and anywhere.
There are countless impacts of this device which is stated below.
- This device can only be present in medical areas, airports or places where there is medical assistance. Which makes it a bit riskier if people get the immediate attack at home. As if the patient does get the immediate treatment he/she might die or suffer a huge problem.
- Using this advancement many people will save their lives.
- Death rates of the disease/country/world will get deceased.
- As in some countries, there is a lack of doctors and hospitals so this device would be really helpful.
- They are very safe to use.
- The cost of using this device could be a bit higher but defiantly this will save lives as this has done its job several times so paying 1200$-3000$ won’t look much when compared to your life.
BY – DIPIT GOLECHHA